Friday, January 14, 2011

Sometimes I Hate Running

 Today was one of those days when I hate running.  Especially on a treadmill.  I dreaded it before I even got out of bed, but I knew I would do it anyway.  I look forward to Zumba days.  I love dancing.  Running? Not so much. Some days it's easy. But on days like today while I'm on that treadmill I have to trick myself into running.  I talk to myself the whole time. Here's how the conversation goes on those days:

It's only the first song. It's always hard during the first song.  I'll feel good by the second song.
Feeling good.  I can do this. I'm 1/8 of the way through.  I only have to do what I've just done 7 more times.
Only 5 more songs to go.  I can run for 5 more songs.
At least run for another half mile, then maybe I'll walk.
I did another half mile, now go 3 more minutes.
I gotta get my mind off of this. I'll try not to look at the display for a while.
Oh good, I didn't look at the display for 2 tenths of a mile.
125 pounds!  125 pounds! 125 pounds!
5 more minutes.  5 more minutes, then I can quit.
People run marathons all the time. I can do another quarter mile.
2 more minutes. 15 seconds, 10 seconds, 5 seconds.  
Whew! That wasn't so bad. (now that I'm done)
And so it goes.

I REALLY wish I could Zumba every day because sometimes I hate running. 

3 comments:

  1. Running is never easy for me, I envy those people who it just comes naturally to. I can't Zumba either, no rhythm. Oh well.
    Nice job staying motivated to finish, it always feels so good after you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! That is what I think about my exercise dvds. Sometimes I just ahte doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacque- You ran a marathon! You are a runner!!

    ReplyDelete