Thursday, September 23, 2010
Conspiracy Theory and a Size 4
I stopped off at Old Navy's clearance rack the other day to look for jeans. First, I need to say that I don't remember ever buying a size 4 in my life. And I have to admit that I was a little giddy when they actually fit. But then I became suspicious. This can't be right. "Old Navy has realized that it if they tag things smaller than they are, people would buy them because it's good for self esteem! :) I've discovered their marketing strategy." Vanity sizing! So I tried on a pair of shorts and a pair of capris in the same size. And they fit. And I bought them all. It worked on me.
Labels:
Vanity sizing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I remember the first time that I bought size fours, too. It was after I had been on raw foods for a few months. My clothes were falling off of me (they were all 8-10s), so I went to Kohl's to buy myself an early Mother's Day present. When I came home I told my husband that he would never believe what size I bought. He acted like he wasn't surprised, but I think deep down, he really was.
ReplyDelete