Friday, December 2, 2011

Quinoa. It's What's For Lunch

Mexican Quinoa Salad from mygreendiet.com

My lunch was good today, so I thought I'd share it. It's Mexican Quinoa Salad from Mygreendiet.com.  You can find the recipe here.  I followed her recipe, except that I used regular tomatoes, cut down the cumin, and then I added a cup of frozen corn. Next time I think I'll add some red wine vinegar or something.  I'm not a fan of cumin, so when I cut that down it needed a little something else. If you like my Cowboy Caviar recipe, you'll like this salad.

I want to try some more quinoa recipes, so if you have any favorites, send them my way please.
 

3 comments:

  1. We like this one:
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quinoa-and-Black-Beans/Detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a Quinoa dish very similar, but a little more simple:
    1 cup Quinoa, cooked
    1 Diced Roma tomato
    1/2 Diced avocado
    Fresh lime juice (1/2 lime)
    A little Liquid Aminos
    Sprinkle a little Roasted Garlic & Herb seasoning
    Toss. Eat warm or cool. Yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ideas. I still haven't tried Liquid Aminos, but it's on my list. Garlic and Herb seasoning sounds like it would be good too.

    ReplyDelete