Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lessons Learned: It's All About Control

I've gotten out of my routine!  When I don't have a routine I feel out of control.  I've been lazy with my workouts and lax with my eating and I've gained 3 pounds.  But I've learned a few lessons.  Sometimes I have to learn them more than once.

Lessons (re)Learned

1- When I'm eating good real food it's easy to keep eating good real food.  But when I start eating junk, I crave it.  My 13 year old makes delicious chocolate chip cookies and when he does I have no control.  And it all spirals from there. On the cookie day I also went for the Eclair dessert and the licorice.  Not good.

2- When I get up early and exercise, I care more about what I eat.  On the days when I sleep in, I feel out of control and like I'm trying to catch up all day. I love being up early to workout before the day gets hot.  It's just that I don't remember that I love it when the alarm goes off at 6:45.

3- If I plan my meals, (dinner especially) I feel in control and good about myself.  This means I need to plan ahead and shop for healthy meals.  I also need to have a plan for busy days when there's not a lot of time to prepare dinner. Read more about control over at TrainerMomma.com today.

4- I've also re-discovered Exercise TV. And now that it's "On Demand" I can do any workout at any time.  Today I did Pilates, Latin Dance and Butt Bible.  I had to mute the sound on that last one because she says ridiculous thing through the whole workout like "Treat your butt like royalty","We gotta make love to the butt." And "I have a super strong love for the butt." Really, she said that.  Annoying, but it was a great workout.

I feel like I'm back on track now.  I'm eating smoothies, salads and raw vegetables and I'm back on track with my workouts.  3 lbs to go!

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing out loud about the butt. Hysterical. Who says that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a Swedish body builder, Pauline Nordin.

    ReplyDelete