Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'm A Nicer Mom When I Exercise

I’m a nicer mom when I exercise.

I’m a nicer mom when I eat right.

        I believe that most moms (or people) don’t feel guilty about what they’re doing, they feel guilty about what they aren’t doing- that they think they should be doing. Which is probably why I’m a nicer mom, and wife, and person when I take the time to eat good healthy food and exercise. It just takes some of the stress away. Even if it’s just going on a walk. If I am feeling healthy, it’s easier to be patient, to serve others, and I feel ready to get things done.  Which is a mom’s job, right?

      This doesn’t only apply to exercise.  It applies to all aspects of our lives. We need balance in all areas.

      Last week I went to a Power of Moms retreat in Park City, UT.  It’s a day and a half retreat, kind of like a business conference for moms.  We learned about organization, creating margins in our lives, how to find joy in motherhood, the importance of creating family traditions, and about taking care of yourself.  I went with my four sisters and my mom.  I'm so excited to be back home and to apply the things that I learned.

      If that sounds like something you might like, there’s another retreat coming up in May.  Here’s the link.

4 comments:

  1. You've posted twice this week and I didn't even know! I better catch up on my google reader.

    That conference sounds fun! Are you also going in May?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going again because it will be exactly the same as the April Conference.
    If they did a different one I'd go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about these gals. Do they need a fitness/nutrition mom? :)

    ReplyDelete