Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Healthy Tasty Lunches

What to eat for lunch!  My favorite lunches are leftovers or something quick & easy!
Here are some of my lunches this week:

My new favorite salad.  Thank you to my sister Jacque for this recipe! I am a huge fan of Zupas, but it's not cheap or convenient for me to eat there daily.  This has been my lunch for the last 3 days.  The dressing is Maple Grove Fat Free Raspberry Vinaigrette.  I fill a LARGE bowl with spinach, lettuce, strawberries, mandarin oranges, blueberries, goat cheese and Emerald Glazed Almonds.  (Never tasted goat cheese until this week.) Just as tasty as Zupas Nuts About Berries salad.  I'm giving you links so you can see what I used, but I found everything at Walmart.
Egg Veggie Wrap.  This lunch was easy and yummy.  Scramble two eggs.  Steam some broccoli and asparagus.  Wrap them up in a whole wheat tortilla or Flat Out Wrap with a little grated cheddar and some Parmesan cheese. You definitely need the cheeses for flavor. Microwave it for 20 seconds just to melt the cheese and you're done. 
Bean and Guac Tacos.  I hesitated to put this picture up because it's not pretty.  But it's good.  I used refried beans, leftover rice and guacamole on whole wheat tortillas.  Then I added green leaf lettuce and ate it with my favorite green smoothie.
Chicken Veggie Stir Fry over Brown Rice.  Leftovers! Whenever I make this for dinner I look forward to lunch the next day.

I'm always looking for healthy quick lunch ideas.  What's your favorite healthy lunch?

14 comments:

  1. These look delish! My favorite is a tomato and avocado sandwich. Jaime and I eat them all the time! She combines it with the meltshroom a lot of the time, but I like it with just the tomato and avocado cold. I spread a wedge of Laughing Cow swiss cheese (though you could use any kind of cheese you want. I just like this one because it's like cheese and mayo in one)then layer it with fresh avocado and tomato. Yum.Yum.Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaley's sandwich sounds yummy! Loved all of the stuff you posted and it all looks good, except the egg tortilla. I've eaten too many eggs these past 8 days for that one. I have been eating a salad everyday for lunch. I use whatever green salad I have in the fridge and add blue cheese, avocado, grilled chicken or turkey deli meat and chopped pecans, topped with light Ranch dressing. Your salad looks yummy with all of the berries and glazed almonds (I'm gonna look for those next time I'm at Walmart!). I'll try that one next week when I can have fruits. I'm down 5 lbs. this week! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading my blog Kaley I will try your sandwich. I think I'll be getting some avocados in the Bountiful Basket this week.
    I just discovered avocado this year. Can you believe I never dared try it because I was sure I'd hate it!
    And I wonder where my kids get their pickiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, I promise the egg veggie wrap is really good. When you're ready to eat eggs again you should try it! 5 lbs is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goat cheese is strangely tasty huh. I was looking for crumbled goat cheese at Harmon's and the guy at the cheese counter tried to get me to try sheep cheese, and I laughed and then I felt silly because I think goat cheese is just as weird as sheep cheese. It is a good salad, I have to pace myself on those glazed nuts, I could eat a whole bag. Never thought of putting cabbage in stir fry, I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Kaley said, the avacado tomato sandwich is good! I put a thin layer of miracle whip on both sides, sliced tomato on one, sliced mushroom on the other, a little bit of grated cheese on top. Broil open faced for just a couple minutes and add avacado. Delish! I think I ate it 4 times last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy, yummy, yummy! Can I come to lunch?! Yesterday I ate the remaining crusts of two pb&js. Sad, sad, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the lunch ideas Vennesa! Now I will be going grocery shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that raspberry dressing! I buy it all the time and even my kids like it.
    These lunch ideas sound yummy. You make eating healthy seem delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those tacos look so good. I was super hungry the other night and remembered seeing these on your blog. I didn't have any of the ingredients on hand so instead I ordered chilis online at 9:30 pm. Joey ran and got it and while we were eating it he said..."This is what fat people do. We're losers!" I felt guilty and besides it wasn't even that good. Worst $20 I spent this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Joey cracks me up!!!
    In the time it took you to get that from Chilis you could have made rice, ran to the store for a can of beans, tortillas and an avocado for under $5.
    And could have eaten it again for lunches the next day.
    Still laughing out loud at his comment!!
    I don't think you're losers! Comedians maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your ideas! Especially the broccoli egg wrap. If it weren't fast sunday, I would be making that for breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving your blog! Congratulations on your nomination for best LDS Female Blog of 2010. That's where I saw you listed. Thanks for these great lunch ideas!

    ReplyDelete