Thursday, September 30, 2010

When I'm hungry I eat - Meltshroom Sandwich

I eat a lot of food. When I'm hungry I eat. This is my favorite lunch when tomatoes are in season. The sandwich is only 200 calories and 7.3 grams of fat- because of the cheese.
I've tried the starvation way of dieting and it's not for me. I get too grumpy when I can't eat.

Meltshroom Sandwich
2 medium mushrooms sliced
2 thin slices onion
2 TB shredded mozzarella cheese
1 medium tomato sliced
1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
2 slices 9 grain or whole wheat bread
1 TB lite Miracle Whip

Toast bread and spread with lite Miracle Whip. Layer the mushrooms, onion and cheese on both slices bread. Broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted. Top with sliced tomato and sprouts. (I season it with Mrs. Dash).
Makes one open face sandwich.
My bread only has 50 calories and 1/2 a gram of fat per slice. So even with the grapes and strawberries, it's under 300 calories.

2 comments:

  1. I get grumpy too. My husband is worse though. if it's fast Sunday, I usually try to keep my distance from him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks great! I LOVE mushrooms! I've never bought sprouts in my life, but I do like the. I may just have to try this out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete