Thursday, September 23, 2010

Conspiracy Theory and a Size 4

I stopped off at Old Navy's clearance rack the other day to look for jeans.  First, I need to say that I don't remember ever buying a size 4 in my life.  And I have to admit that I was a little giddy when they actually fit.  But then I became suspicious. This can't be right. "Old Navy has realized that it if they tag things smaller than they are,  people would buy them because it's good for self esteem! :) I've discovered their marketing strategy." Vanity sizing!  So I tried on a pair of shorts and a pair of capris in the same size. And they fit.  And I bought them all.  It worked on me.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the first time that I bought size fours, too. It was after I had been on raw foods for a few months. My clothes were falling off of me (they were all 8-10s), so I went to Kohl's to buy myself an early Mother's Day present. When I came home I told my husband that he would never believe what size I bought. He acted like he wasn't surprised, but I think deep down, he really was.

    ReplyDelete